Monday, February 27, 2012

Asparagus and Rice Soup



Why is it that some of the best recipes are born on nights when you don't know what the heck to make?  I can't say I have an answer for that, except that we had a ton of asparagus and some left over rice in the fridge...maybe I have a helpful kitchen sprite that I'm channeling....who knows?

So good, I had to make it two days in a row! Just to be sure!

Ingredients:

2 carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 small bunch asparagus, chopped
2 boxes of clear vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, whole
1/4 cup of uncooked jasmine rice

Saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic until fragrant and soft. Add in the broth and rosemary and bring to a simmer. Add the rice and cook 10 minutes.

Add in the asparagus and cook another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment